Utbytesavtal / Exchange agreements
There are local as well as university-wide exchange agreements.
University-wide exchange agreements
For a list of university-wide agreements, please see
Local departmental student exchange agreements
Exchange coordinator at the Department of Linguistics
Please note that teaching in the 1st cycle (BA level) is conducted in Swedish. Teaching in the 2nd cycle (MA level) is in English. Proof of proficiency in the language of instruction is required.
The Department of Linguistics at Stockholm University has student exchange agreements with the following universities. List items marked with (E) are Erasmus+ agreements; those marked with (B) are other types of bilateral departmental agreements.
- CH: Universität Bern (University of Bern) (B)
- CH: Universität Zürich (University of Zurich) (B)
- DE: Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn (University of Bonn) (E)
- DE: Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf (E)
- DE: Universität Hamburg (E)
- FI: Jyväskylän Yliopisto (University of Jyväskylä) (E)
- FI: HUMAK (Humak University of Applied Sciences) (E)
- IE: Trinity College Dublin (CDS) (E)
- IT: Università degli Studi di Pavia (University of Pavia) (E)
- NL: Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (Radboud University Nijmegen) (E)
- NL: Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (University of Groningen) (E)
- RU: National Research University, Higher School of Economics (HSE, Moscow) (B)
- RU: Sholokhov State Moscow University For The Humanities (B)
Note: If you want to come to Stockholm University from an institution not listed above, or go to one as a Stockholm University linguistics student or staff member – please contact Eva Lindström by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. New agreements can often be arranged.
Departmental teacher exchange agreements
There are teacher exchange agreements with all of the above except Radboud, HSE and Sholokhov. There are also teacher (but not student) exchange agreements with the following:
- CH: HfH (Interkantonale Hochschule für Heilpädagogik Zürich / University of Applied Sciences for Special Needs Education)
- DK: UCC (Professionshøjskolen UCC / University College UCC)
The academic year at Stockholm University starts in late August and ends in early June. The academic year is divided into two semesters, an autumn semester and a spring semester. The autumn semester starts at the end of August and continues until mid-January of the following year. The spring semester starts in January and finishes at the beginning of June.
Information on semester/term dates at Stockholm University
Please note that:
– You are strongly encouraged to participate in the Orientation Week (especially the Orientation Day) which in autumn is in the week before semester starts. This is also when housing keys are distributed and special transfer services operate from the major airports to campus.
– There is a short break over Christmas and New Year; in some courses your presence is expected in January too.
15 februari 2017
Sidansvarig: Department of Linguistics