Young Linguists' International Conference
Call for abstracts
Linguistics students at MA or PhD level were invited to present their ongoing research at the Young Linguists’ International Conference which will take place on Saturday, June 28, 2014 within the International Summer School in Language Documentation and Linguistic Diversity at Stockholm University (from June 23 to July 4, 2014). The call for abstract was not restricted to any area of linguistics. Note that young stands for "early career" independently of the age of the participants. Each talk was allocated 20 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for discussion. The language of the conference was English.
The abstracts should start with the title, and clearly state research questions, approach, method, data and (expected) results. They should also conform to the following guidelines:
- Abstracts must be anonymous. Your name should only appear in the Abstract Submission. If you identify yourself in any way on the abstract (e.g. "In Smith (1992)...I"), the abstract will be rejected without being evaluated.
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format.
- Abstracts should contain no more than 500 words (excluding the title, glossed examples and references).
- Line spacing: single
- All margins: 2.5cm (1 inch)
- Text alignment: justified
- Title text: Times New Roman, 14pt, bold, centered
- Body text: Times New Roman, 12pt
- Paragraphs: do not indent; leave one clear line between paragraphs
Abstracts that do not conform to the format guidelines listed above will not be considered.
For abstract submission, please follow the link: Abstract Submission. The deadline for abstract submission is February 14, 2014. Successful applicants will be notified by March 31, 2014.
Participation is free of charge for the participants in the International Summer School in Language Documentation and Linguistic Diversity. 75% of the conference presentations are reserved to the participants in the summer school. The fee for other participants is 300 SEK. We are sorry to inform that we will not be able to provide any scholarships and/or any fee reductions to the participants of the conference.
If you have any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission of abstracts: February 14, 2014
Notification of participants: March 31, 2014
Young Linguists' International Conference: June 28, 2014
Organizers of the Young Linguists' International Conference
Francesca Di Garbo
October 22, 2014
Source: Department of Linguistics